Saturday 18 February 2017

Review: Queen of South East 2017 Contestants

Having viewed the publicity photos of Queen of South East 2017, it is fair to state that Nigeria still has a long way to go as far as pageant promotion is concerned. As an South-East girl myself, I am surprised at the tactics used to publicise the events. Each contestant has been encouraged to create a signature look which would help her stand out, but browsing through the photos, I wasn't able to notice a striking result in most cases. The point of a pageant is natural beauty - make-up should only be used to accentuate - but most of the girls appear to have plastered it on immensely. I would have preferred natural barely-there make-up instead. Most of those photos were horrible, although it's possible they had been photographed on their mobile phones. Surely they were aware that in the world pageantry every detail is expected to be polished, and as they face the public vote this detail is vital? The contestant I have my eye on is Nnnenna Clara Offodile as I admire her authenticity - competing with dreads may be considered daring, but this is a Nigerian competition, and she proves that one doesn't always require weaves to be beautiful. I'm sure the other girls are equally stunning, but this form of promotion has probably ruined  their chances with the public. 

Here's hoping they impress the audience at the live final scheduled to take place at the VIP Event Center in Enugu.

Scroll down for photos of contestants:











No comments:

Post a Comment